Actions taken in school to prevent the spread of infection.
- In school we are using hand sanitiser and children are being encouraged to wash their hands often.
- Staff have shown the children videos on how to wash their hands effectively.
- Tissues are also available.
- The Senior Leadership Team have put together a contingency plan based around government advice looking at staffing the school and staying open in the event of an upsurge in cases which could adversely affect staff attendance.
Please see below the latest information/advice and newly launched helpline regarding COVID -19.
Government Coronavirus action plan
On Tuesday, the Coronavirus action plan was launched. This document sets out what the UK as a whole has done to tackle the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and what it plans to do next.
The action plan can be found here:
The importance of hygiene
The Department of Health and Social Care launched a public information campaign that focuses on the importance of handwashing. Washing hands for 20 seconds is central to prevent and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
The DfE launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
- No school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case unless advised to do so by Public Health England.
Where to find the latest information
Updates on COVID-19:
Guidance for educational settings:
Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas:
Latest Department for Education information: