What is the Sports Premium?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that the premium should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, funding can be used to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in competitive sport
- run sports activities with other schools
Impact of PE and Sport funding for the academic year 2018-2019