Primary Jigsaw is a multi-disciplinary team that works to support and improve the mental health and emotional wellbeing of children attending a mainstream primary school in Stockport. Requests for support are made via a school-based referral. We offer short term targeted interventions following a thorough assessment.
If you feel your child would need a referral to Primary Jigsaw, please speak with Mrs McDonald or Miss Milnes.
About the Primary Jigsaw Team
The team consists of 6 members of staff- Primary Jigsaw coordinator, Teacher, 4x Child and Family workers.
- Targeted direct work with child
- Emotional regulation work
- Coping with loss and separation
- Therapeutic stories
- Play based sessions
- CBT based interventions
- Bespoke 1-1 parent/carer support
- "Parenting Anxious Children" 10 week course
- Supporting parents to understand the drivers of their children's emotional health difficulties and to make systemic changes to improve this.
- Direct work with parent/carer and child to strengthen relationships
- Attending relevant meetings including TAC/TAF, Core groups, CP conferences where required.
School Staff Support
- Strategic support for school staff
- Training for school staff
- Attending meetings
- Staff supervision
- Supporting peer supervision
- Supporting staff to understand the formulation for a child
- Creating targeted support within school