At Whitehill, our school curriculum is made up by the “national curriculum”, as well as relationships, sex and health education and religious education.
The national curriculum for England, is a set of subjects and standards that are taught in all local authority-maintained schools so that children learn the same things. It covers what subjects are taught and the standards children should reach in each subject.
We deliver each programme of study and assess against the attainment targets that are set out for each key stage.
At Whitehill, we use the following resources to provide consistency and coverage of content:
- English-“Big Writing Adventures”.
- Mathematics-“White Rose Maths”.
- Reading KS2-“Whole Class Guided Reading” and “Badger Education”.
- Science, Art and Design, French, Geography, Computing, History, Music, Design and Technology-“Kapow Primary”.
- Religious Education-“Stockport Agreed Syllabus for RE 2022-2027”.
- Physical Education-“Get set 4 PE”.
- PSHE-“Jigsaw PSHE”.
- Spelling-“Spelling Shed”.
- Phonics and Early Reading EYFS & KS1-“Read Write Inc”.
- Handwriting-“Penpals for Handwriting”.